1920x1080 Mode

The ATSC Digital Television Standard specifies that 1920x1080
is a valid resolution, however, I don't think my Toshiba 65H80
will do this high of a resolution, and I've never heard of it
being transmitted.

Does anyone know of TVs that will display this resolution, and/or
of any sources (cable, satellite, etc.) that transmit it?
--
% Randy Yates % "My Shangri-la has gone away, fading like
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % the Beatles on 'Hey Jude'"

  • Re: 1920x1080 Mode
    ... > therefore $$$) to transmit such high resolutions when the vast ... > majority of customers are unable to utilize that bandwidth. ... > How is the input resolution translated to the displayed resolution? ... It depends on the display. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: 1920x1080 Mode
    ... > is a valid resolution, however, I don't think my Toshiba 65H80 ... > of any sources that transmit it? ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: 1920x1080 Mode
    ... |>> is a valid resolution, however, I don't think my Toshiba 65H80 ... | therefore $$$) to transmit such high resolutions when the vast ... | majority of customers are unable to utilize that bandwidth. ... You think they should wait for all the customers to first buy receivers ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: 1920x1080 Mode
    ... > |>> is a valid resolution, however, I don't think my Toshiba 65H80 ... > | therefore $$$) to transmit such high resolutions when the vast ... > | majority of customers are unable to utilize that bandwidth. ... > You think they should wait for all the customers to first buy receivers ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: 1920x1080 Mode
    ... >> is a valid resolution, however, I don't think my Toshiba 65H80 ... therefore $$$) to transmit such high resolutions when the vast ... majority of customers are unable to utilize that bandwidth. ... How is the input resolution translated to the displayed resolution? ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)