Re: OT: A Canada Question

doob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I asked why the Montrál hockey team is spelled 'Canadiens', while the
habitants (intended) of Canada are spelled 'Canadians'?

'The UCLAN' said:

"Simple, really. A "Canadien" is a French Canadian."

No smiley...so I don't know if it's a joke or not.

You must be clear.

It was not a joke.

  • Re: OT: A Canada Question
    ... I asked why the Montrál hockey team is spelled 'Canadiens', ... habitants of Canada are spelled 'Canadians'? ... 'The UCLAN' said: ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)
  • Re: Styles of Reference List: Alphabetical vs. Numbered
    ... This reminded me of my late grandmother who, when Canada went metric ... (well, sort of) ... used to joke that she didn't like the new system ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: So true
    ... On Sun 09 Apr 2006 06:34:36a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee ... That happens to be a common joke amongst my Ontario friends. ... Having traveled in Canada a good bit, I didn't think so, but I was ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: So true
    ... That happens to be a common joke amongst my Ontario friends. ... Having traveled in Canada a good bit, I didn't think so, but I was really ...