Re: Survivor's Stephenie: Heroes "Are Definitely Going to Turn into Villains" (TVGuide.com article)

"D-W" <D-W-S20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:44:17 -0700, "Brian Smith"
<dcg_brian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

More good insight and info from Steph. Her and Tom clearly had a pregame
alliance, she never met Colby before S20 and she says Rupert didn't like
her
from day one. She also says that at one point in the IC that *Candice* was
sort of leading them and makes some good points about JT's leading.
_________________________________
Survivor's Stephenie: Heroes "Are Definitely Going to Turn into Villains"
a.. Feb 19, 2010 03:12 PM ET
b.. by Kate Stanhope
After two brutal immunity challenges loses and two dramatic tribal
councils,
the heroes of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains are beginning to look less,
well, heroic. Despite her alliance with Tom and Colby, Stephenie LaGrossa
couldn't save herself from the wrath of Rupert and James. "It's a game,
and
you want to win, but you want to enjoy your experience out there, because
it's miserable as it is," she told TVGuide.com. "And being around people
like James and Rupert really did make it unbearable."

Following last night's heated tribal council and her early exit, the
29-year-old also discussed what went wrong during the immunity challenge,
the deep divisions within the heroes tribe, and her and Tom's now-defunct
plan to take the game.

Watch full episodes of Survivor

TVGuide.com: Why do you think James pointed the finger at you, more than
anyone else, after the challenge?
Stephenie LaGrossa: He was yelling the whole challenge at everyone, so the
moment we lost, he was cursing and looking right at me. I got defensive.
It
wasn't just me talking ... He just lost his stuff ... Yes, I was talking
during the challenge. We all were. There were moments when J.T. was
supposed
to be leading us through this challenge and nothing was being said. ... At
one point Candice stepped up and she kind of was leading the challenge.
It's
good if there's one voice but if that one voice is wrong or stumped, you
have to move on to plan B. From the beginning, we never had that challenge
right.

TVGuide.com: Was there conflict between you and James before the
challenge?
Stephenie: James was really in tight with Amanda and J.T., and we were
trying to get J.T., at least Tom and Colby were. Rupert, from day one,
didn't like me, and he was kind of in with them. I still don't know to
this
day why he didn't like me, but he told Colby he didn't like me. I don't
know
if they all stuck together and I was on the outs or what. To be honest,
I'm
a really outgoing person and I was really quiet this season. There were
many
times this season me, Tom, Colby and Cirie just kind of sat back and
didn't
say anything. ... It just really wasn't a fun group of people to be
around.

Survivor's Sugar: This is my payback for Gabon

TVGuide.com: Last week, Sugar went home because she had very few, if any,
strong connections or alliances. Do you think your connections to certain
players helped or hurt you?
Stephenie: I don't think it helped or hurt because I knew one person. The
people that are still on there, with the exception of the person I knew -
Tom - J.T., Amanda, Rupert and James were all pretty involved. We thought
Cirie was in with them too. I just didn't have enough numbers. And they
are
really close with people on the other side so if they get to the merge,
they've got that going for them. So really all I knew was Tom. I never
even
met Colby before, I just like him as a player.

TVGuide.com: When you and Tom were together on Palau, you had an
interesting
relationship because you were allies and then enemies. Were you hesitant
align with him this season?
Stephenie: I love Tom. Tom is like a brother to me, we come from very
similar backgrounds. We really get along. So for me, it was really a
no-brainer aligning with Tom. But at the same time, when he stabbed me in
the back in Palau, it was because we had too much distance between us.
This
was close to the end; he had to think about the outcome. Had he kept me
around, there was a good chance I could have beat him in a final tribal
council. So he was smart, he did the right thing. This time around, our
plan
was at least to get to the merge together and at least try to go close to
the end together. [We said], he takes me to the end or if I take him to
the
end, I'm winning - he already won. So I knew I was going to have to beat
him
at an individual challenge at the end for me to really take him out. That
was an understanding we had.

TVGuide.com: At tribal council, Colby talked about how everyone was
worried
about self-preservation very early in the game. Why do you think that
happened within the heroes tribe?
Stephenie: We were the first people to lose. So immediately now we're at
tribal council the first two times and everyone is freaking out. When they
really should have been worried about keeping the tribe strong so we don't
relationships.
Now two people don't like somebody and they're all going to stick
together.
I think they'll realize it was a huge mistake getting rid of me.

TVGuide.com: After the two back-to-back losses, what does the heroes tribe
need to do to get back in the game?
Stephenie: It's just a matter of morale. It's a matter of how they work
together moving forward. James is turning into a huge lunatic/bully and
who
wants to be around that? Is he going to do that again at the challenges?

TVGuide.com: Is there someone in particular on your team you found to be
more of a villain than a hero?
Stephenie: J.T. is supposed to be this really nice guy and he's promising
everyone everything and cutting throats. Then James, the "gentle giant,"
is
not so gentle and not a gentleman at all. I'm already voted out, and he
still tells me to shut my mouth. Who talks to somebody like that on
national
television? People are definitely going to turn into villains. I can say
true heroes are Tom and Colby. You can't deny that.

TVGuide.com: Do you regret coming back?
Stephenie: No, it was an awesome experience. Moving forward, I found new
friendships sort of out of the game as people started coming off and it
was
a good time. We had a lot of fun.

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Survivor-Stephenie-Heroes-1015266.aspx

Brian

Thanks, as always, Brian !!!

I like Stephenie more after reading this. Never really cared much for
her before...

I'm disappointed to see her go so quickly. She's one of my favorite players
and I really like her attitude. I have to say I never would have guessed
that her downfall would be because James and Rupert didn't appear to like
her.

Brian

.