Re: Do the words

In article <gc7og7$e19$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Obveeus" <Obveeus@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Michael Black" <et472@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0810032058510.16457@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Ed Stasiak wrote:

Jr.

fang and kota mean anything?

Probably, thou I wish they'd do us the favor of just
referring to them as Red and Yellow tribes.

Yes, the names don't really sound African (not that I'd
really know).

They appear to be language dialects in Gabon:

FANG:
http://www.ethnologue.com/14/show_iso639.asp?code=fan

KOTA:
http://www.ethnologue.com/14/show_language.asp?code=KOQ

You mean languages. Furthermore each language has several dialects.

--
Bob Underhill
Delete everything in CAPS to reply by email

  • Re: html table dynamic dimensions that track a for loop
    ... like language references and specifications is a must. ... > coding, the last programming class I had was punch-card Fortran, ... are referring to and then provide attribution as to who wrote what, ... Bayesian spam filter that takes the spam the server-side ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Colorful qiesa
    ... referring to daylight-saving time and standard time as ... Can't speak for England but those terms are not usual here in Wales. ... The abbreviation GWR (Great Western Railway, ... the language of Wales as Iaith y Nef - Language of Heaven. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: simulating local lexical variables with symbol macros
    ... referring to and how I have misused the word error to mislead, ... If you consider that your own use of language is 'perfectly logical' ... A recipe for creating more 'bickering' over language ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Why no serious MS Application in .NET yet ??
    ... > lambasts MS' seriousness to .NET and VB.NET as a redundant language. ... ploy to get VB developers working on the .NET Framework. ... Which desktop applications exactly? ... If you're referring to developer productivity then I can. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Why no serious MS Application in .NET yet ??
    ... > lambasts MS' seriousness to .NET and VB.NET as a redundant language. ... ploy to get VB developers working on the .NET Framework. ... Which desktop applications exactly? ... If you're referring to developer productivity then I can. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.performance)