Re: Chicken

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 05:21:20 -0700, Jay <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmmm. My children are half-Polish and one is a college junior sitting
on a 3.7 while her little sister just started last month on a full 4
year scholarship.

They are I grant you not Southern....

Southern Canadian? ("y'all, eh!")

Don't laugh too hard - my wife has a cousin from the Toronto area who
is a buyer for Coca-Cola who took a transfer about 10 years ago to
Atlanta.

Three guesses what his kids sound like!

When I visited Disneyworld back in '98 we went to the Epcot center and
met a girl (she was college age - when you're my age anyone that age
is a boy or girl) from Stoney Creek, ON (which is about 25 miles from
where Mrs. Goat was born and raised) who at first we figured was a
native Floridian with a false nametag but upon questioning clearly WAS
an Ontario native. Her accent was pure Orlando to a degree that was
scary after living there no more than 10 months.

But the 3.7 is no joke and her old man is justifably proud!

  • Re: "Statins caused my kidney failure"
    ... >> be done by age group, or better, by using age as a variable ... > led to the snide comment by them that you cannot get a grant for an ... > reductions in statins, radical reductions in blood pressure and radical ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: "Statins caused my kidney failure"
    ... >> be done by age group, or better, by using age as a variable ... > led to the snide comment by them that you cannot get a grant for an ... > reductions in statins, radical reductions in blood pressure and radical ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Vote=20for=20AGE=20UP--o?==?utf-8?Q?nly=201=20?= =?utf-8?Q?HOUR=20LEFT
    ... get them this grant. ... Vote with as many email addresses as ... The All Girl Everything Ultimate Program (AGE UP) in Seattle ... Please spread the words to others to vote!!!! ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: Ross leaves the BBC
    ... "Grant" wrote in message ... (very doubtful really when you think about it sensibly, ... with it for now) exactly what %age of £3.5bn is £6m. ... Carl Waring ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)