Pirate Master Rules/Strategy
- From: "alooo" <um@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 20:05:01 GMT
I just watched the first episode of Pirate Master and it was just so-so. But
it's easy viewing/listening for when I'm doing other things so I'll probably
try a few more episodes. My initial thoughts and questions:
- The host said that in order for there to be a mutiny, the two officers had
to concur. So when he said the vote was unanimous, wasn't that a giveaway
that stripper/scientist guy was history? Also, what if the pirates all vote
for the captain but then the officers disagree. Who gets "cut adrift?"
- I thought the captain was joking half the time. Maybe he wasn't, but
nobody talks with the formality that he did so I figure he just has a very
dry sense of humor that Rupert V2 didn't get.
- I'm not clear on how the captain thing works. Will a new one be elected
after each treasure is found? If so, then the captain should not choose
his/her two closest allies to be officers (since they don't get to vote) but
rather he should choose the two people who might prevent him from getting
rid of the person he wants to go. And the people voting should always try to
eliminate the most popular person who isn't in their inner circle. Joy seems
rather popular and if I felt she was closer to three or four others before
me, then I'd want to get rid of her instead of the stripper. This game seems
designed for the agreeable "under the radar" types.
- Another thing about electing a new captain each time: if most of your
allies are on the opposite team, you might be better off throwing the
challenge because there will be a greater chance for one of them to be
elected the new captain. Perhaps an alliance should agree to split all money
in an effort to ensure they're all working toward electing a captain rather
than winning the competition.
- My initial thought was that as the first captain, the guy should split the
money with the team. But, if I understand correctly, he can distribute it at
anytime to anybody so I see a lot of potential to use it for bribes in the
future- I think that could be a very interesting element to this game.
- This first "challenge" was lame- open a lock and swim underwater? Boring.
I hope they get better in the future.
- Prev by Date: Re: Pirate Mastery ( west coast spoiler )...
- Next by Date: Re: Okay I Thought Pirate Master Sucked Big Time
- Previous by thread: (Pirate Master) Anyone else rooting for Christian?
- Next by thread: Re: Pirate Master Rules/Strategy