Re: Interview with Gary "Pappa Smurf"
- From: "Ed Stasiak" <estasiak@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:34:58 GMT
Ed Stasiak wrote
In Polish this is called galareta and it's freak'n gross!
Using pig's feet we called it Zimne Nogi ... literally cold feet ...
Ahh, my parents call it that also. I couldn't remember the
colloquial name, probably because my mind had blocked it
out due to the disgusting nature of the dish....
That and flaczki (tripe soup). I remember many a day when
I'd come home from school and be slapped in face with the
stench of that stuff, immediately fleeing to my buddies house.
I wouldn't touch it ... but an old Polish guy we rented a room
to would kill for it ... ate trays of it ... and made these gleeful
sounds with every bite ...
My Old Man loved the crap and thought it was funny as hell
trying to get me to eat it and watching me gross out.
Now galumpki I loved ... and still do ...
Me too (and my Mom makes the best!) and nalesniki, paczki,
kiszka, platzki and my all time favorite, blueberry pierogi!
- Prev by Date: Re: New to group
- Next by Date: Re: What a lousy twist
- Previous by thread: Re: Interview with Gary "Pappa Smurf"
- Next by thread: Next time on SURVIVOR: FIJI