Re: TV Guide Sez Jeff Probst Quitting After All

Subhadhrã (aka Bhakti) wrote:
>How long do you think the popularity of Survivor will last after JP is
gone?
>IMHO, I don't think more than one season.

Survivor popularity is already falling. This season will be the worst
season (from a TV ratings perspective) yet. In my opinion, Survivor is only
maintaining the high ratings it has because none of the other networks have
found something better to counter-program against it. If NBC came up with a
good sitcom or ABC/FOX knew that Thursday even existed, Survivor would find
itself in big trouble...on the order of a 25%+ drop in ratings each year
until CBS pulled the plug.

  • Re: Former female contestant to host?
    ... > you to determine Steph's more popular outside the NG is the popularity poll ... > consensus in this and other "Survivor" newsgroups. ... there ARE no other "Survivor newsgroups". ... And in fact, the CBS website ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)
  • S11 Premiere Draws Lowest Ratings Of Series
    ... "Survivor: Guatemala," the 11th edition of CBS' popular reality series, opened Thursday to the lowest premiere ratings since the show first became a sensation back in the summer of 2000. ... I think that the reality-TV genre has peaked and American viewers are gradually losing interest, especially in the competition type of reality-TV. ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)
  • Re: Overnight Ratings - Thursday 2/2/06
    ... Last week's Fast National Ratings ... As a basis for comparison, the last edition of Survivor, ... are based on the fast nationals, while any prior results are a ... ("CSI", repeat, no data) ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: J.P. On Letterman Tonight
    ... I think the network told him to have Survivor losers on. ... TV, but the network wants ratings, and Survivor is ... Grey's Anatomy ABC 22.80 ... CSI: Miami CBS 17.90 ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)