Detectives use Craigslist to arrest teens in stolen property case
- From: Beaver Fever <Beaver_Fever@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:52:44 -0800 (PST)
Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives used Craigslist to arrest two
juveniles suspected of committing at least 16 vehicle burglaries,
authorities said Tuesday night.
The items were stolen from the Santa Clarita and Saugus areas and
included video display systems, studio recording equipment, medical
supplies, sunglasses, cameras, GPS systems and a stolen gun, the Los
Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement. The property
was valued at more than $50,000.
Detectives discovered some of the property on the website and
contacted the seller: a 16-year-old Saugus boy, the department said.
He was booked at the Santa Clarita station in connection with felony
burglary charges and released to his parents on a citation pending a
Detectives developed information that also led them to a 17-year-old
Saugus boy. He was arrested in connection with an outstanding
probation warrant and felony burglary charges. He was taken to Sylmar
juvenile hall pending a court appearance.
- Prev by Date: FBI arrests 7 in Amish haircut attacks in Ohio
- Next by Date: Facebook photo leads to arrest of Illegal Immigrant in stolen laptop case
- Previous by thread: FBI arrests 7 in Amish haircut attacks in Ohio
- Next by thread: Facebook photo leads to arrest of Illegal Immigrant in stolen laptop case