Woman gets 13 years in domestic violence slaying
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 10:25:10 -0800 (PST)
Unusual in that they used the term "domestic violence" when the victim
was a man.
A Kansas City, Kan., woman was sentenced today to nearly 13 years in
prison for a December 2009 murder.
Deborah Meeks, 48, had been convicted of second-degree murder in the
shooting death of 53-year-old Wesley Smith in what authorities called
a case of domestic violence. Smith was shot in the chest in his Kansas
City, Kan., home.
Meeks was sentenced in Wyandotte County District Court to 155 months
in state prison.
- Prev by Date: Re: Father Twice Told Uzi Too Powerful for 8-Year-old Christopher Bizilj
- Next by Date: Re: Father Twice Told Uzi Too Powerful for 8-Year-old Christopher Bizilj
- Previous by thread: Colorado governor pardons man executed for murder in 1939
- Next by thread: Congresswoman Giffords Shot in Tucson