Re: OT / Palin's reckless views on obesity

On 12/01/2010 04:05 PM, gertrudedane@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:02:26 -0600, Nancy Rudins<nrudins@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 11/30/2010 02:52 PM, gertrudedane@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:35:00 -0600, Nancy Rudins<nrudins@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 11/27/2010 02:04 PM, Leo wrote:

"Nancy Rudins"<nrudins@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 11/27/2010 12:16 AM, bella wrote:
Giving this clueless woman a platform is a crime in and of itself IMO.

Liberals. Free speech for everyone but those who disagree
with them.

You disagree that obesity in children isn't a serious health issue? One
that should be addressed by more physical education classes in school
and better, far more nutritious, school lunches.

Obesity rates among children have tripled in the last three decades, and
one in three children are obese.

. One-third of all children born after 2000 will suffer from diabetes.

. Children are less active today than at any other time in American
history,
spending 7.5 hours a day watching TV, playing video games or simply
involved
in efforts that don't require movement.

. Obesity is contributing to the vast increase in hypertension among
Americans.

Sarah Palin is looking for arguments, regardless of their merit IMO.

I replied to the statement from bella, "Giving this clueless
woman a platform is a crime in and of itself IMO." That's
what my free speech comment was about. It's for everyone
but people with whom she disagrees.

And this, to me, seems like a typical Palin apologist stance. Ignore
that she said something incredibly stupid, and take aim at someone who
points out or is annoyed by the stupidity.

Did you even read? It's about allowing someone freedom of speech.
It had nothing to do with content of speech. It's not a "Palin
apologist stance." It's a counter argument to a claim that
giving her a platform is a crime. Bella didn't say a thing
about the content of the speech and neither did I. Bella
said it's a crime to allow her to speak. I say it's a crime
to not allow her or anyone to speak.

My favorite first lady, Eleanor Roosevelt, once said about Nixon:

"I have no respect for the way in which he accused Helen
Gahagan Douglas of being a Communist because he knew that
was how he would be elected, and I have no respect for
the kind of character that takes advantage and does
something that they know is not true. He knew that she
might be a Liberal but he knew quite well, having known
her and worked with her, that she was not a Communist.
I have always felt that anyone who wanted an election so
much that they would use those means did not have the
character that I really admired in public life."

Gertie

And my favorite quote from Eleanor Roosevelt is this:

"We must not be confused about what freedom is. Basic
human rights are simple and easily understood: freedom
of speech and a free press."

Why are you twisting words I never said?

I am not twisting words you never said. I was commenting on words you
never said, or something like that.

In your case, I believe your complaint should be your right to not
speak. Freedom of not saying anything or ummmm...

I just think it's funny how so many Palin apologists totally ignore
her stupidity and commence attacking the people who do comment on her
dumber statements.

Gertie

We all have freedom of speech. You are under no obligation to listen
to us. I think it's funny how so many Palin attackers want to save
humanity but they can't stand people.

--
Dear Jack,
Who's king of the world now?

  • Re: OT / Palins reckless views on obesity
    ... Liberals. ... Free speech for everyone but those who disagree ... You disagree that obesity in children isn't a serious health issue? ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: OT / Palins reckless views on obesity
    ... Free speech for everyone but those who disagree ... You disagree that obesity in children isn't a serious health issue? ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: OT / Palins reckless views on obesity
    ... Free speech for everyone but those who disagree ... You disagree that obesity in children isn't a serious health issue? ... Many of our elderly still believe the health care option includes death panels. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: OT / Palins reckless views on obesity
    ... Free speech for everyone but those who disagree ... You disagree that obesity in children isn't a serious health issue? ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: OT / Palins reckless views on obesity
    ... Free speech for everyone but those who disagree ... You disagree that obesity in children isn't a serious health issue? ... Sarah Palin is looking for arguments, regardless of their merit IMO. ...
    (alt.true-crime)