Re: What if Joran didn't kill Natalee?

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:42:51 -0400, Poe wrote:

No offense, Michael, but missing men just aren't as interesting. With
women we imagine kidnap, rape, maybe torture, and murder of an innocent
girl (regardless of age, as long as she's young-ish). With men we assume
he's off on a bender, with some ho, or at least complicit in his own bad
luck by reckless behavior. I can't justify it, but I think that's the
deal. I wonder if part of is it that, as a culture, we hold men more
accountable for their actions (and thus fate) than we do women. It seems
like "we" (generally, not everyone, and certainly not all the brilliant
folks here) still think women are guided, misled, and taken advantage
of, way more than we think that way of males. YMMV but that's my opinion.

I think you have something here. And the fact is that many men do contribute
to their own demise by their behavior. And plenty of women are softheaded
enough to let themselves be taken advantage of. Face it, most folks just
suck.

--
If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.

  • Re: I Have Seen The Future.....
    ... and that's not a reference to his age. ... It's you soldier boy a-callin', ... George, and I never had to send money to anyone!! ... to folks with guitars and well crafted lyrics. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Social Security
    ... As I'm probably 40, maybe even 50 years older than most of you folks, I'm on ... as the group of survivors to that age would be drastically ... Inflation is rocketing up but they lie on the reporting so CPI ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: The Human Body
    ... senior folks and about how we as a society is going to cope with the ... As Singaporeans live longer, you have a situation that for an 85 ... Now at age 65, he graduated with a degree in Computer ... I was wondering, at his age, most Singaporeans are getting senile, and aching all over their bodies ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: OT: Re: full undo functionality to the finder
    ... Well, I must say that, regardless of its claimed merits, I seriously doubt ... the presentation format, the greatest ideas will go unheeded if no one ... Communications requires at ... If you really want to get folks to change, you first need to communicate -- ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Shut down times
    ... I use sleep or suspend, ... neighborhood and When a CPU is seen on the side of the street, folks in ... and occasionally to someone my age, from 60 to 70 years of age. ... simular wait for shut-down bur a google search did not help me. ...
    (Ubuntu)