Re: Belgium bills ex-husband of child killer Genevieve Lhermitte for court costs
- From: M <mcl2@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:22:29 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 28, 2:08 am, "auswendy" <a...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Michael Snyder" <msny...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
THE father of five children murdered by their mother has been stuck with
bill for her trial and conviction.
A Belgian court sentenced Genevieve Lhermitte to life in prison last year
for killing her son and four daughters, aged three to 14, in 2007, while
then husband was on a trip to Morocco.
As Lhermitte is in jail and insolvent, the Belgian state has sought to
recover court expenses and collect fines from Bouchaib Moqadem.
"I don't know what to say. I am disgusted and revolted that I, who was
wrongly deprived of my children, am being asked to pay for the trial of my
ex-wife, who was convicted of murdering my five children by cruelly
their throats," Mr Moqadem told the newspaper Le Soir.
The bill appears to conform with Belgian law, with the state seeking funds
due to have been shared from the sale of their house under their divorce
So does that mean the state will take the wife's share of the sale proceeds?
Instead of giving his wife 1/2 he now pays the court costs out of her share?
Aus Wendy- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
Wendy has a point here - if the money is Genevieve's, then the ste has
a legitimate right to try to get it.
- Prev by Date: Re: Nadya Suleman
- Next by Date: Re: The irony of ironies: Ann Coulter claims that Tea Party Protestors are trying to censor her.
- Previous by thread: Re: Belgium bills ex-husband of child killer Genevieve Lhermitte for court costs
- Next by thread: Mind-Control Experiments US, deaf school ex-pupils tell of abuse by priests