Michael Snyder wrote:
Nancy Rudins wrote:
Michael Snyder wrote:
Ron wrote:
On Oct 25, 7:42 pm, M <m...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 24, 3:01 pm, robbielynn <robbielynnw...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nothing cute about her.
Not true.

She was cute, until she became a murderer.

I doubt if any of us could pick the murderers out of a
line-up of cute chicks.

... or ugly men.

... or ugly men. The murderers amongst the ugly men would still
be ugly, and the murderers amongst the cute chicks would still be
cute.

For someone who is all about equality of the sexes,
the demeaning terms toward women are still being used.

Ugly isn't demeaning? You're hardly being egalitarian here
yourself, Nancy.

Oh, then again, I expect you are referring to my use of the
word "chick". Well, too bad, Nancy, I don't propose to let
you feminists dictate to me what words and terms are offensive
and which ones are acceptable. I find "male chauvinist" to
be an offensive and demeaning term, but I don't expect you
to quit using it just because I say you should.

Politeness can't be dictated.

Nor unilaterally defined.

> I have no intention of trying.
I just point out demeaning terms, as you do with stereotypes
of men.

Good. So if you ever want to stop using terms like
"male chauvinist", you can discuss with me whether I
might be willing to stop using "chick".

Can you please show me where I used terms like "male chauvinist?"

Fine, let me rephrase. I don't actually use "chicks" in everyday
conversation either. But if you want to ask me not to, I get to
ask something in return. I won't say "chicks" if you won't say
"male chauvinists".

I don't want to ask you to do or say (or refrain from doing or
saying) anything at all. Just as you point out negative stereotypes
about men, I point out negative stereotypes of women. That's it.

--
Illinois: where our governors make our license plates.
nrudins@xxxxxxx

Quantcast