Re: OT / Bristol Palin, Fiance Split

"td" <tinydancer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ZpYtl.14667$b9.5211@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bristol Palin, Fiance Split

Palin Says She's 'Devastated'

The engagement is off for the teenage daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and the father of her baby.
Levi Johnston told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he and Bristol Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. The 19-year-old Johnston declined to elaborate.
Eighteen-year-old Bristol Palin said in a statement to the AP that she is "devastated."

The two had said they were considering a summer wedding and are the parents of a boy named Tripp, who was born Dec. 27.
Star Magazine said in a report on its Web site that Johnston has been cut out of Tripp's life.
Johnston's sister, Mercede, told Star that although he tries to visit Tripp daily, "Bristol makes it nearly impossible."
Sarah Palin revealed her daughter's pregnancy days after being named Sen. John McCain's running mate on the Republican presidential ticket.
In an interview that aired on Fox News last month, Bristol Palin said that having a baby is not "glamorous" and that teen abstinence isn't realistic.

http://www.wapt.com/politics/18910551/detail.html

Report: Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol, dumps her baby's dad, Levi Johnston

By Bill Hutchinson
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 5:56 PM

The teen romance that prompted a pregnant pause in Sarah Palin's bid to become U.S. Vice President is reportedly over.
Bristol Palin and fiancé Levi Johnston have broken up after she referred to his family as "white trash," the hockey-playing hunk's sister dished to Star magazine.
Mercede Johnston says the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska's Republican governor dumped her brother, Levi, an out-of-work high school drop out.

And she said Bristol Palin, who took her beau to the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn., has made it tough for him to spend time with his 2-month-old son, Tripp.
"Levi tries to visit Tripp every single day, but Bristol makes it nearly impossible," Mercede Johnston told Star Magazine.
"She [Bristol] tells him he can't take the baby to our house because she doesn't want him around 'white trash'!" she said.

In December, Levi Johnston's mother, Sherry, was busted in an undercover drug sting and charged with six felonies involving the pain killer oxycontin.
Calls to the Johnstons and Palins were not returned Wednesday.

"Bristol won't even allow him to watch the baby for a few hours unless he's babysitting," said Mercede Johnston, whose brother was forced to quit his oil field apprenticeship in January after questions were raised about his qualifications.
The sister said Bristol Palin's demeaning attitude has been bolstered by Sarah Palin.
"I used to love Sarah," she said. "But I've lost lots of respect for her."
A source close to the couple confirmed the split to People Magazine, saying the relationship ended about two weeks ago.

"It kind of just happened," said the source. "I thought they would stick it out. But I think they can work together to raise Tripp."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/11/2009-03-11_report_sarah_palins_daughter_bristol_dum.html

I am definitely *not* an admirer of Sarah Palin--far from it--but I must admit that I see no point in posting a message about her *daughter's* breakup on a True Crime website (even with the OT).

MaryL

  • Re: OT / Bristol Palin, Fiance Split
    ... Levi Johnston told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he and Bristol ... Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: the never-ending story
    ... Bristol Palin Seeks Full Custody of Baby ... proceeding," Johnston said in an affidavit. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Whats the difference between a soccer Mom and a pitbull?
    ... Sarah Palin has given birth to a son, ... Bristol Palin, 18, gave birth to Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston on ... The father is Levi Johnston, a former hockey player at Alaska's Wasilla ... Levi Johnston's mother eventually disclosed that her 18-year-old son was ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: OT / Bristol Palin, Fiance Split
    ... Palin Says She's 'Devastated' ... Levi Johnston told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he and Bristol ...
    (alt.true-crime)