Re: Update: Los Angeles Couple That Tortured 5 Yr Old Arrested

"bessie" <bessiejunejoad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jun 18, 2:19 pm, Kathy <kb...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
bessie wrote:
On Jun 18, 1:15 pm, Wild Monkshood <Wild_Monksh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
bessie wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:54 am, Kathy <kb...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chocolic wrote:
"John" <runningb...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Millions of kids are tortured every day - it's called "spanking",
Am I
right?
Oh man, this is way different than spanking for cripes sake.
Chocolic
Only in degree. Spanking is inflicting pain on a defenseless child.
Assaulting an adult and inflicting pain is not allowed, not even for
the
worst criminals, I don't know why it's allowed on defenseless
children.
Kathy
Don't be dim, there is a thing called discipline and it isn't even
close to what this child endured.
Are you for real, or just stupid?
I was spanked. It taught me about actions and consequences. Although, I
was never beaten unmercifully. I know it is a debate that has
entrenched
reasoning on both sides, but I don't believe that a time-out or
interpersonal scolding would have had a better result on my
understanding....

WM- Hide quoted text -

I agree, I knew what would happen if I crossed the line, so I didn't
cross it!

But it sounds like you thought about it.

Kathy- Hide quoted text -

Yes numbnuts, which I would not have done if there were no
consequences. I would have DONE IT.
Discipline teaches children boundaries, and that is why today you have
so many rude effing teens and young adults, becuase dipsticks like you
don't want to "inflict pain" by teaching children what is acceptable
behavour.

Twit

Right on, bessie. One can always tell children who have been effectively
disciplined. They aren't the ones that everyone is turning around to look
at in stores and restaurants because they are being such brats. You teach
them from toddler on and by the time they start school, they aren't
disobedient brats who cause problems.