Re: What the hell? Shooting victims denied shelter

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 09:39:06 GMT, roothliss@xxxxxxxxx (Ruthless)
wrote:

Hey Nancy,

The only point I might take issue with is that if we don't have kids,
it's okay if we never grow up. Some people (including me!) should
never have kids but that doesn't mean it's okay if we never grow up.

Nah, I didn't say that. I said if we've got kids, we HAVE to grow up. And
I said I didn't know if it was necessary for people who don't have kids,
but I wasn't sure any adult could be happy in their skin if they never
grew up. Personally, I don't think I'd have ever had a chance to be happy
if I hadn't decided that I needed to grow up. I can't really imagine not
being a mom, but I suspect I'd have been very miserable if I'd been
kidlike forever, even without kids outgrowing me.

I want kids eventually. But I don't know when I'll be ready - I might
be 70 before I have my first for all I know. What I do know is that I
absolutely refuse to even entertain the notion of having children - my
own or adopted - until I know I won't hurt them more than any normal
parent hurts their own children (I suspect it's the role of even a
good parent to give their children someone to blame when they grow up
<G>). But for now, I'm starting slowly - with kids who can be -almost-
as trying, but who I can take to the pound if they really, really,
REALLY get to be too much for me. ;-)

(No, Ginger, you're safe, don't worry - you passed the point where you
might possibly be pound-bound a LONG time ago <G>).
.