Update--> found dead---Re: Pittsburgh PA Amber Alert Missing 2 year old girl

<crosem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
how would she get the door unlocked to go outside on her own? why did she
not have on pajamas with LEGS in that cold climate?
if door was unlocked is she even tall /dexterous/strong enough to turn a
doorknob, go outside and then close the door?
NO footprints in the snow?
this one reeks.
I hope they have searched the house VERY well.
got my eye on the grandmother's boyfriend, for no reason at all, just a
feeling.

I have thought it was the grandma's boyfriend (also for no good reason).
Someone really lost control & quick. Most interesting is the police are
saying NOTHING. Which says to me they are just sweating someone till they
get the confession. You gotta check the web site and see her picture. SO
cute.... There's also a map & she was found really close to home.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07036/759550-56.stm

PattyC

Braddock toddler's death ruled homicide
Monday, February 05, 2007

By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The death of a 23-month-old girl whose body was discovered yesterday in a
wooded area of Rankin has been ruled a homicide.

The Allegheny County medical examiner's office said this afternoon that Nyia
Page died of exposure and hypothermia.

The girl was discovered missing from her home in Braddock at 7:30 a.m. on
Saturday and found yesterday about four blocks away in the woods off
Pattison Avenue.

County Police Superintendent Charles Moffatt said detectives were reviewing
the medical examiner's report and have made no arrests. He would not say if
police have suspects, nor would he identify any of the adults in the house
or release any more information about the investigation.

"We're looking at all avenues," he said. "We're not ruling anything out."

Earlier today:

Body of missing Braddock toddler found in Rankin

Monday, February 05, 2007

By Steve Levin and Nate Guidry
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Searchers looking for a 23-month-old girl who had been missing since early
Saturday found her body yesterday afternoon in a wooded area in Rankin.

The Allegheny County medical examiner's office determined at 3:13 p.m. that
the body was that of Nyia Page, who was clad only in a sweater and diaper
when she went missing from her home in Braddock about 7:30 a.m. Saturday. An
autopsy will be performed today.

Rankin Mayor Nick Glova said that the body of a young child had been found
in woods off Pattison Avenue below Hawkins Village, where there used to be a
playground.

An Amber Alert that had been issued for Nyia was canceled last night.

The body was discovered by searchers among the more than 100 police and
emergency workers who spent yesterday looking into buildings and carting
away trash bags full of potential evidence, including diapers, from the
neighborhood where the girl disappeared.

The search resumed about 9 yesterday morning in bitterly cold temperatures,
after officials had scoured her neighborhood for hours on Saturday.

Police went through the girl's house on First Street for a second time
yesterday with search dogs.

Police also administered polygraph tests to the three adult men who were in
the house Saturday, said Allegheny County police Lt. Bob Downey. They
include the girl's father, grandfather and a boyfriend of her grandmother.

"We're playing the statistics," said Lt. Downey, adding that men more
typically are involved in cases of missing children of that age.

He declined to disclose what the lie detector tests revealed.

Lt. Downey said police were searching a three-block area around the Page
home yesterday, but also along railroad tracks, in a wooded area and even
inside a sewer main. They checked abandoned houses and garages for second
and third times, marking them with orange spray paint when they finished.

Before noon, two searchers climbed into a trash bin at an apartment building
on Pear Way, behind the toddler's home.

"You guys get it pretty good?" asked one officer.

"Not all the way down to the bottom," answered one of the men inside the
bin.

"You never know," said the first man, as the others continued to search.

Lt. Downey said police also were picking up used diapers that they found in
the area.

Searchers initially had planned to inspect a landfill in Monroeville, where
refuse from one of the nearby apartment buildings is taken. But they
abandoned those plans when they learned the trash bins had been dumped on
Friday, before the girl disappeared.

(Steve Levin can be reached at slevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 412-263-1919. Nate
Guidry can be reached at nguidry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 412-263-3865. )

.