Re: Carmina Salcido breaks her silence and talks about the 1989 murder of her family

JonesieCat wrote:
> <earthage2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > netuser_axel@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >> Good grief what a horriffic tale - I hope this poor young woman finds
> >> the peace she deserves.
> >>
> >> I'm surprised Salcido is still alive - inmates tend not to think very
> >> well of child murderers.
> >
> > But they can stay in their locked cell, if they so chose, as does David
> > Westerfield
> > and Scott Peterson.
> >
> > At the time there were reports that Salcido had also raped his two
> > young sister-in-laws,
> > ages 8 & 12, before murdering them. I don't find that mentioned in any
> > online articles, so that may have been misreported in early accounts.
> > His defense at the time of his trial was
> > that he was high on cocaine. He murdered his boss at the winery
> > because Salcido
> > believed his wife was having an affair with him.
> >
> > Several months or a year after the rampage, the San Francisco Chronicle
> > had a long
> > lengthy article in its Sunday magazine about the murders. I remember
> > one interesting thing was that Angela Salcido's family were very
> > conserative Catholics, I think maybe the sect which Mel Gibson's family
> > belongs. Angela had been home-schooled and then later allowed to go to
> > high school. I think she met Ramon at a dance (he was not a high
> > school student), and he would sneak in to the Richards home at night.
> > The Richards were against the romance, but eventually Angela got
> > pregnant (I think she may have already graduated from high school) and
> > so the two married.
> >
> > Another interesting fact was that the Richards also had two sons who I
> > believe were in an out-of-state boarding school at the time of the
> > murders. Angela's father moved out of state after the murders, and I
> > think I posted an article last year about his first visit back to the
> > area in years to visit the cemetary where his wife, daughters, and
> > granddaughters are buried.
>
> I remember these horrific murders so well. I also recall the reports of the
> rapes - I don't think that part was misreported, but may never have been
> included in all the charges he was ultimately tried for, so reporters don't
> include those rapes in his crimes. I remember when he was brought back from
> Mexico and was still in transit with LE, reporters shouted questions to him
> about why he did what he did - and right then he felt so important, and his
> psychopathy burst forth - he explained how he couldn't afford child support
> etc and shrugged a 'poor me' shrug - like of course the world would
> understand how he had no choice but to do what he did. There are certain
> examples of slime that are slimier than others, and this guy's one of them.
>
> JC

I think it was KPIX reporter Manny Ramos who got the first interview
with Salcido on the plane coming back. Salcido was one case where
Mexico didn't even try to protect against death penalty. Seemed like
the Mexican officials said, come get him, we don't want him.

http://www.mansonfamilypicnic.com/ramon.htm

Ramon fled to the loving arms of his mother, at her home in Mexico. The
aging Mrs. Salcido cared dearly for her emotionally troubled and
misunderstood son, but could not shelter him from pursuing prosecutors
as law enforcement officials descended upon her house like a swarm of
killer bees. Even PEANUTS cartoonist, Charles Schulz, leaped into
action, and generously donated the use of his private jet to the FBI.
Ramon flew back to California in style. He eventually stood trial, and
was sentenced to death.

.