Re: Bush says, "I've met with a lot of families"

<yaffadina2@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> flick wrote:

>> So in Ms. Sheehan's retrospect, the meeting didn't go well, she's angry
>> about it, he didn't remember her name?
>>
>> Funny, that isn't what she said about the first meeting when it happened.
>
> And a change of opinion, in *your* opinion means ... what? Dollars to
> donuts you think it's a bad thing -- nothing to do with getting more
> information, allowing for the difference just plain old simple time
> makes; not new experiences and understanding.

Yeah. Maybe her buddies at Code Pink had something to do with it, huh?
When I started reading about Ms. Sheehan in the news, beginning fairly
recently, I thought she was a bereaved mother who'd gone crazy with grief.
Now I'm not so sure.

But anyway, she has the right to scream, yell, camp out and make demands.
She's a lucky woman - in some countries, she wouldn't be able to do it.

But I don't expect the Pres to accede to her demands, necessarily. If
somebody camped out near my house, demanding a meeting with me so they could
scream and yell and accuse me of killing their son and all that other stuff
she's been spouting, I wouldn't want to talk to 'em because there'd be no
real point. There's nothing to solve, she sounds impossible to pacify - I'd
just be setting myself up for a shitload of unpleasantness with no
resolution.

I dunno if Bush feels that way, but I wouldn't think less of him if he did.

> Now, why do you think this Administration has given so many
> explanations for the war in Afghanistan and Iraq? Anything to do with
> fooling the public? Or is the real reason in there somewhere? More
> than one reason for the wars?

AFAIK, there's nothing written in stone that says there can be only one
reason to go to war. I recall several reasons from the Pres's address on
the eve of this war.

Reasons, not "explanations."

> And when will our friends the Saudis be
> taken to task by their good family friends, the Bushes? Never? That's
> what I think. When the Saudi monarchy is overthrown, we'll be ready to
> go in there and kick some butt, eh.

I think the Saudis are going to sort themselves out, without our military
involvement.

flick 100785
> yD

  • Re: hlob vaj pov tub nkees, rau reason
    ... that was a war. ... this 'reason' guy is incorrible. ... gvp have to evacuate? ... we had to fend for ourselves since the day we step on the Laos soil. ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • Re: Bushs failures
    ... Iraq, though I wouldn't say oil was the reason either, though ... served in the first gulf war, 11,000 are now dead. ... Considering the tons of depleted uranium used by the U.S., ... E-Newsletter charged Monday that the reason Veterans Affairs Secretary ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Quaker Opposition to Iraq War (was Re: Jury Nullification)
    ... >I think we see reason differently. ... >reasonable well thought out positions about why the war in Iraq ... >this spirit of which you speak, but lets presume that its been saying ... >designed to permit people to count the boots of dead american soldiers. ...
    (soc.religion.quaker)
  • Re: hey, amember when The Surge was gonna be done by September?
    ... And I believe with the case of Iraq, you can argue that every single ... Which is all the more reason why those on my side believe that you're ... If he thinks that little of the war we're in, ... with no real answer of his own other than "aggressive diplomacy". ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Cindy Sheehan Cuts & Runs, Leaves NPR Host Dumbfounded
    ... We didn't have a chance because he joined before he talked to us. ... I wonder, now, you got a chance to meet with President Bush with a group ... What happened in that meeting? ... >>there on September 24 for the big United for Peace and Justice.um, war ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)