Re: OUTRAGE: Pregnant Woman Jailed For Parking Fines By Singapore Law

"scooter34" <momofpeanutLiz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1123097005.867255.47120@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Free People Of The World wrote:
ACTIVISTS ARE CALLING IT AN ACT OF HEARTLESS FASCISM !!!

The New Paper
August 1st 2005

A HAPPY honeymoon ended in a shocking homecoming that led to jail for a pregnant woman - all over some unpaid parking fines.

The court spokesman added that the court officer did not, at any time,
advise Madam Nur that her application to leave the jurisdiction was
approved or that her attendance was dispensed with.

I don't see what the outrage is supposed to be for. Is it because, when you default on payments and skip a court date, you get a bench warrant issued for your arrest? Thousands of non-support paying parents might cheer this, but I don't know why anyone else is supposed to feel pain.

scooter34

Just tryin' to get you to crosspost.

Kris
(crossposts snipped)