Re: Australian Republic?
- From: The Chief <the.chieftain@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:34:56 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 17, 7:25 pm, Breton <royalistper...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Aug 17, 10:13 am, David <ds...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I imagine this will be discussed at length with various levels of
sarcasm and acrimony, so here's a place for it:
"Ms Gillard says while Australians have a deep affection for Queen
Elizabeth, she would like to see the country work through the debate
to decide on an appropriate model for an Australian republic.
"I think that the appropriate time for this nation to move to being a
republic is when we see the monarch change," she said."
Been there, done that. They had a referendum in 1999 which failed.
The trouble with politicians is they don't listen to the people.
The people will eventually arrive at the correct result.
- Prev by Date: Re: Australian Republic?
- Next by Date: Re: Australian Republic?
- Previous by thread: Re: Australian Republic?
- Next by thread: Re: Australian Republic?