Re: Sarah Duchess of York
- From: Stan Brown <the_stan_brown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:36:03 -0400
On Mon, 24 May 2010 01:01:09 +0100, wulfit wrote:
I'm not convinced however that the Queen can't withdraw the privilege in
this case, ...
I'm not convinced of it either, but I do think it's unlikely. As Dag
has already remarked, Sarah is following precedent, and the precedent
relies on her being (a) divorced from a Duke but (b) not remarried.
Didn't the late King issue Letters Patent to say that the Duchess
of Windsor would only be entitled to the style Your Grace, and thus
not Royal Highness?
Not exactly, but in any case that was a unique situation and would
not provide a precedent. See Yvonne's HRH page (URL below).
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
Yvonne's HRH page:
more FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/tech/faqget.htm
- Prev by Date: Re: Sarah Duchess of York
- Next by Date: Re: Sarah Duchess of York
- Previous by thread: Re: Sarah Duchess of York
- Next by thread: Re: Sarah Duchess of York