Re: Queen of Canada WHY?

On Apr 5, 12:22 am, "Donald4564" <dbi...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Of course one of the notions that has been overlooked with all of this
legislation is the possibility (however remote) that The Queen in
Right of Canada through the advice of Her Majesty's Canadian
Government could declare War on Australia where the Queen in Right of
Australia would be her enemy. This ridiculous notion is a possibility
under law.

I am not sure why this should not have been considered.

The King of Pakistan and the King of India went to war with each other
back in 1947-1948, though thy did so without actually declaring war
against each other.

What is more, the King of the United Kingdom and the King of
Australia, both had their military officers serving in the armies on
both sides.

  • Re: UK royal sucession
    ... Canada and Australia would proclaim Anne II, ... Zealand would proclaim Andrew I (assuming they disregard the Scottish ... and I thought there had been a King of Scots named ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)
  • Re: UK royal sucession
    ... Canada and Australia would proclaim Anne II, ... Zealand would proclaim Andrew I (assuming they disregard the Scottish ... This seems to imply that there has been a king Andrew of Scotland who should cause "Andrew I" to take a higher number in this scenario??? ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)
  • Re: Queen of Canada WHY?
    ... remote) that The Queen in Right of Canada through the advice of Her ... Majesty's Canadian Government could declare War on Australia where the ... Queen in Right of Australia would be her enemy. ... short period of time when the King of Pakistan was at war with the King ...
    (alt.talk.royalty)
  • Re: Churchills attitude towards Australia
    ... I think you'll also find that the power to declare war lies with the executive, ... (The current flag is a postwar design. ... Australia had, in fact, indicated quite obviously which way the wind ... The fact that the Statute of Westminster was suspended in its application to Australia until that country formally adopted it had nothing to do with the British, it was something inserted into the Statute at the request of the Australian government. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: Left-footers
    ... to _be_ another English king, ... unlike the present monarch.) ... I think Australia and the rest of the United Kingdom and Dominions ...
    (alt.usage.english)