Re: Assumptions in questions/answers.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:30:17 -0400, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

In <slrnivi87o.89.zebeej@xxxxxxxxx>, on 06/15/2011
at 09:15 PM, Zebee Johnstone <zebeej@xxxxxxxxx> said:

The amount of cognitive dissonance literalists have to manage is
massive...

I'm waiting for them to accept a literal reading of Song of Songs.

Ought to be interesting if they include the bit about her moving her
bowels[0] for him. At best, it'd be scat pr0n. At worst, well, let's not
go there.

[0] Yes, I know, but it is the usual translation, as well as being the
funniest.

. | , w , "Some people are alive only because

  • Re: No Shame - my latest offering
    ... I've written a song here about one of my friends. ... > You're moving faster, still you're getting nowhere. ... > You got no, no shame. ...
    (rec.music.makers.songwriting)
  • Re: Furthur Rehearsal 1/8/10
    ... was a Grateful Dead treatment to the song. ... progression, with the notes moving the song forward sonically, I guess ... backwards, not like the song was being played backwards, but rather ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Compressed Music, Metallicas Disgrace, and Floyd
    ... the fact that it is noisy and sung in a certain way, ... For example "Sanatarium" by Metallica about mental illness is very ... moving - moved me to tears a few times. ... her, but it was all a waste of my time and emotion, but that song ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Re: Guns, politics, and avian flu
    ... > Ivor Longhorn wrote: ... > "One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: XBOX Media Extender Doesnt Play music files with DRM
    ... Hitting Play again just brings up 'an error occurred' ... Moving to a different song in the Playlist and playing that sometimes ... Barb Bowman ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)