Re: Assumptions in questions/answers.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:30:17 -0400, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

In <slrnivi87o.89.zebeej@xxxxxxxxx>, on 06/15/2011
at 09:15 PM, Zebee Johnstone <zebeej@xxxxxxxxx> said:

The amount of cognitive dissonance literalists have to manage is
massive...

I'm waiting for them to accept a literal reading of Song of Songs.

Ought to be interesting if they include the bit about her moving her
bowels[0] for him. At best, it'd be scat pr0n. At worst, well, let's not
go there.

[0] Yes, I know, but it is the usual translation, as well as being the
funniest.

. | , w , "Some people are alive only because

  • Re: No Shame - my latest offering
    ... I've written a song here about one of my friends. ... > You're moving faster, still you're getting nowhere. ... > You got no, no shame. ...
    (rec.music.makers.songwriting)
  • Re: Furthur Rehearsal 1/8/10
    ... was a Grateful Dead treatment to the song. ... progression, with the notes moving the song forward sonically, I guess ... backwards, not like the song was being played backwards, but rather ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Compressed Music, Metallicas Disgrace, and Floyd
    ... the fact that it is noisy and sung in a certain way, ... For example "Sanatarium" by Metallica about mental illness is very ... moving - moved me to tears a few times. ... her, but it was all a waste of my time and emotion, but that song ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Re: Guns, politics, and avian flu
    ... > Ivor Longhorn wrote: ... > "One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good ...
    (misc.writing)
  • Re: Songs From the EC Gathering
    ... Still looking for a certain Jesse Winchester song. ... Townes' way of doing it, ... whole mystery of exactly what the hell is going on, ... Norman (Still Is Still moving To Me) Draper ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)