Re: I may be crazy

In article <ekj4c8-5om.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, mikea <mikea@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
checkout clerk had the canonical coupon book at the register, and was
prepared to scan -- not rip out and scan, but simply scan -- whatever
coupons applied to my other purchases, and was prompted to do so by the
program in the register's POS controller.

As I understand it, the store is reimbursed by the manufacturer for the
amount discounted on the coupons, so they are fostering customer good will
as well as increasing purchases by doing so, at essentially no cost to
them. The manufacturer gets feedback on marketing campaigns. The customer
pays a little less.

In California, grocery store food is not taxed (unless it's prepared as a
takeaway meal). Because the typical shopping trip involves both taxed and
non-taxed items, the typical grocery store receipt will list the items in
the order they were scanned at checkout and flag those on which sales tax
is charged, indicate the coupon and membership/loyalty-card savings, the
amount of tax, the grand total, the amount you handed the cashier, and the
amount of change you should have been given. A modern wonder. Or something.
- Brian

  • KOHLS COUPONS
    ... Kohl's Discount In Store Coupons ... Coupons Kohl's Discount Store In At ... Download For Coupons Kohl's Printable Without ...
    (rec.aviation.owning)
  • Re: TSWLTH- so very true!!!
    ... And it is supposed to be something that Michael's does carry You used to be able to use the coupons on most anything, but not for the last couple of years. ... If in doubt about any chain store policy, ... Jo-Ann's bought out So-Fro/House of Fabrics several years ago supposedly because they wanted both the locations and the people ... The store where I worked (for over 6 1/2 years, most of that time as an assistant manager, supposedly being trained to be a manager) was a House of Fabrics district headquarters store for a while. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: "Do you have a penny?"
    ... > often have coupons. ... > not use two coupons on a BOGO since we're only paying for one of the ... high tech computer systems imaginable and they use those store loyalty ... their competitors who didn't use those cards. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: What Did You Watch? 2011-10-05 (Wednesday)
    ... Instead of printing up coupons in the newspaper or bulk ... That way the customers all get ... better prices and the store checkout lines move much faster. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Borg suggestion for APW
    ... store ... ... risk and he should do something differently to collect those *Heal* pots. ... Another thing to record, if possible, is the amount of time he spends ... at dl1 either scumming for!speed or waiting for stores to restock. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)