Re: Postmortem disposition of technomemorabilia?

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 21:59:32 +0200, Maarten Wiltink wrote:

"Kenneth Brody" <kenbrody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 6/3/2011 12:27 AM, Lionel wrote:

[...]
You'd be amazed at the amount of stuff that people think is worthy of
preservation in a museum.

I think I still have those Windows 1.0 Beta floppies in a box
somewhere.

(Smiley snipped for obvious reasons)

There must have been several betas then, because the Windows 1.0 release
I have lying around somewhere (in ARJ form on a file server) would fit
on a single floppy of every capacity I've ever encountered.

But then, I'm not _that_ old as people go here.

If you have a copy of GEM, you might be - or at least you'd be able to
fake it.

. | , w , "Some people are alive only because

  • Re: Postmortem disposition of technomemorabilia?
    ... of preservation in a museum. ... I think I still have those Windows 1.0 Beta floppies in a box somewhere. ... release I have lying around somewhere (in ARJ form on a file server) ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: [SLE] RANT: Advantages of Dual Core
    ... Most of the time I avoid doing too much to my system, there are a few reasons why. ... I've always find Linux somewhat a Rock and a Hard place, because the updates to the core are far too often. ... you don't get yourself a toolbox ... ... Using Windows as "MyToolbox" it's the same as doing it without a toolbox at all! ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: System Restore Points
    ... SC Tom typed: ... learn your reasons and figure out your methods. ... In light of your posts, ... I was trying to steer him toward MSE and Windows ...
  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... I am running a Windows network ... Win2k certainly appears ... install Linux. ... >reasons for this are not technical in the first place - you would ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: hibernation
    ... this tells me that Windows recognizes your system as an ACPI ... No hibernate option is normal with this ... If you have the Norton Protected Bin installed, ... reasons for Power Options to be missing. ...