Re: I may be crazy

On 2011-06-06, Peter Corlett <abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[0] i.e. $135 + taxes.

This is one thing I never understood about the US. I walk into a
store. I see something - a bar of soap, a carton of milk, whatever -
that I want to buy. It says that the price is some figure. Say it's
two bucks. I take it to the register, and the price I actually pay
isn't two bucks, oh no, that would be *logical*. No, it's two bucks,
plus sales tax, plus government surcharges, plus whatever the hell the
fscking shop owner decided to tack on that day because he needs the
money for a new gold-plated Rolls Royce or something.

Whereis in Australia, you walk in, you see something on the shelf
marked as being two bucks, you walk out of the shop owning that
something after paying the absolutely absurd amount of two bucks.

Seems to me that when $DEITY was handing out common sense, he/she/it
skipped over just about every politician that the US has had in power.

  • Re: OT: Gas prices
    ... Tell that to the poor working stiff paying 50 bucks to fill up his truck to ... 25 years to the price of milk or bread, or going to see a movie. ... I don't think milk and bread have gone up with inflation. ... How about 5 bucks and eliminate the income tax? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Circuit City deathwatch
    ... Maybe because Circuit City has only one location not quite as near my ... rather than rent even though I haven't seen it -- if the price is right. ... Not even nine bucks after discount. ... I bought 250 CDs during The Great Tower Liquidation. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: I dont get this economy thing....
    ... I usually check E-Bay when I buy online. ... Same seller has an online store and wanted 2 bucks more there than the ... A while later I got a "new retail" one on E-Bay for half the price. ... If I bid, I never bid more than once. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Almost Bought an Xbox! lol
    ... of the great Xbox exclusives. ... I feel a lot more comfortable dumping 100 - 200 bucks on ... accessories. ... The price of the drive is also why it only makes sense to buy the Pro ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Almost Bought an Xbox! lol
    ... of the great Xbox exclusives. ... accessories. ... 100 bucks for a power supply?? ... The price of the drive is also why it only makes sense to buy the Pro ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)