Re: Pulled the trigger
- From: Paul <pssawyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:31:51 +0000 (UTC)
Julian Macassey <julian@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
I had to explain to one luser who e-mailed me in the dead
of night when a critical server croaked, that he wouldn't e-mail
the fire brigade for help he would use the phone. The phone after
all has been used for emergency help for over a hundred years
now, so everybody should be familiar with its use.
But I suppose phones are old technology and e-mail is
modern and spiffy.
There is a movement afoot to add texting capabilities to the 911
emergency help desks^W^W call centers to accomodate the text-crazed
youths. Sure, add another layer of complexity to emergency
Paul the Legacy Server
Full Recovery reached May 30, 2008
"People can be educated beyond their intelligence"
-- Marilyn vos Savant
- Prev by Date: Re: A day in the life
- Next by Date: Re: Pulled the trigger
- Previous by thread: Re: Pulled the trigger
- Next by thread: Re: Pulled the trigger