Re: Meta UI: Am I out of my mind?

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:17:12 +0000, Yes This Works wrote:
[...]
For the staff? HBGary Federal.

*snort*

Did you read the email exchange between the anon hacker & the luser
'sysadmin' at HBGary F, where the anon managed to sucker him into handing
over the root password[0]? It was the lamest, most clueless thing I've
ever seen[1]. If I'd received that first email, I would've phoned my user
immediately to find out WTF was going on, before even replying to the
email. How clueless would you have to be to fall for that weak an effort
at social-engineering? And this was the 'sysadmin' for a security
company, no less!

[0] <http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/02/anonymous-speaks-the-
inside-story-of-the-hbgary-hack.ars> See page 3 for the email
conversation I'm referring to. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

[1] HowTF did he not twig that the quoted 'password' was the output from
a Rainbow Table? It was obviously a reverse hash, & even if he didn't get
that, the fact that it bore no relation to the actual PW should've been a
giveaway. I've known receptionists that're smarter than to fall for this
sort of thing.

. | , w , "Some people are alive only because