Re: Truth in "truth in labelling" laws

"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I have for some time now been fascinated by food additive E175.
[gold]

Is this ever added to anything non-alcoholic?

We have an old bottle of something or other which EEM wants to try together
some day, but I'm pretty sceptical because it's got gold in it. This can't
be good for you. Does it come out the other end, or does it build up in
your kidneys and/or liver? I suppose it's possible that it's harmless.
But that just feels unlikely.

It's a colouring agent though, not a flavouring agent -

Surely it's not added in sufficient quantity to produce noticeable colour?
Isn't gold, like, very expensive or something?

regards,

  • an interesting bottle
    ... And I'm just starting to sip a shot from a bottle which we inexplicably won in ... This year they had an alternate celebration, which was "the Saturday which is ... EEM let me choose the bottle because she was equally uninterested in all of ... EEM took a sip, ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: HBP Chapter 13, Peverell, HCs
    ... associated with gold. ... Silver, on the other hand, is neutral. ... Harry'll just have to get Slughorn's bottle, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Who Wants My Chips?
    ... thing I splurged on was a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. ... And Gold. ... But thats it! ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: amazing
    ... I have some icecream with chocolate sauce and a bottle of Gold ... Miner, and I'm feeling altogether more human that I have for some ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Got Lazy
    ... Think I'll have another bottle of Gatorade/water. ... Overtraining is not a good thing. ... "He who has the guns can get the gold." ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)