Re: Truth in "truth in labelling" laws

"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I have for some time now been fascinated by food additive E175.
[gold]

Is this ever added to anything non-alcoholic?

We have an old bottle of something or other which EEM wants to try together
some day, but I'm pretty sceptical because it's got gold in it. This can't
be good for you. Does it come out the other end, or does it build up in
your kidneys and/or liver? I suppose it's possible that it's harmless.
But that just feels unlikely.

It's a colouring agent though, not a flavouring agent -

Surely it's not added in sufficient quantity to produce noticeable colour?
Isn't gold, like, very expensive or something?

regards,
.