Re: Ok, who is the smart guy that invented XML?

Seebs <usenet-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

For an example of a stupid but at least it works XML data format, look at
the configuration files for Rise of Nations. Actual example:

<CHINESE_SCIENCE_BONUS>25</CHINESE_SCIENCE_BONUS>

Now, if they'd done something like
<FACTION>
<NAME>China</NAME>
<BONUS>
<ATTRIBUTE>Science</ATTRIBUTE>
<VALUE>25</VALUE>
</BONUS>
</FACTION>

it might have been a lot more usful and flexible. But they didn't.

Of course, this would have been far, far better:

(faction :name "China" :bonus (science 25) ...)

But that ship sailed a long, long time ago.

--
Robert A. Uhl

  • Re: How to...
    ... Thanks for the reply but the information you supplied is for the wrong game ... (rise of nations, not as I am looking for, rise of legends), I have been ... If you encounter an error during patch installation ... Rise of Nations folder on your system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Rise of Nations - Problems on iMac G5 with Mac OS X 10.4.2
    ... I'm experiencing strange problems with Rise of Nations on my iMac G5 ... running Mac OS X 10.4.2. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.games.strategic)
  • Rise of Nations Wont Even Install
    ... Alright, for some reason, Rise of Nations will not work for me. ... File missing? ... re-install it...which, again, isn't much of an option for me. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • RE: Rise of Nations Wont Even Install
    ... Alright, for some reason, Rise of Nations will not work for me. ... File missing? ... re-install it...which, again, isn't much of an option for me. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: rise of nations
    ... Are you only having problems with sound in Rise of Nations, ... please send in a copy of your dxdiag information. ...
    (microsoft.public.games.discussion)