Wetness (Was Re: verizon (ptui!))

On 2011-01-12, Mark L Pappin (aka Bruce)
ObASR:

Very wet (to understate it) here in se.qld.au, and the emergency
services have been using Farcebalk et al to alert the Great Unwashed
rather than their own public websites. A side effect of this has been
Gummint depts (and presumably other employers) loosening their own
filters to allow staff to see such sites, normally blocked as
timewasters.

And it saves them having to keep datacentres operational as they fill
with water. I note that Bne council still are not hosting the flood
models that they had been putting up a day or two ago.

--
TimC
E = MC ** 2 +- 3db

  • Was "Treasure". I dont mean to hijack.
    ... I have noticed that when pu'er is stored improperly or it has been wet ... Anybody else notice the scratchy feeling ... besides me in relating to wet vs. dry storage techniques? ... the tea will look older and taste a bit aged. ...
    (rec.food.drink.tea)
  • Re: Was "Treasure". I dont mean to hijack.
    ... I know it is a market and not retail. ... If nobody thought a tea worth drinking so many years ago ... cheap periodic refried oolongs presented as a better taste and more ... > I have noticed that when pu'er is stored improperly or it has been wet ...
    (rec.food.drink.tea)
  • Re: Wet storage
    ... Grand Tea sells a 1970's yellow label which they say is 70% green ... You mean you think they wet-stored some loose leaf and dry-stored some ... I was thnking more along the lines of the amount of time the cake was "wet" ... stored and the amount of time it spent in "dry" storage. ...
    (rec.food.drink.tea)
  • Re: Six reasons we hate them
    ... Enterprise, or Batman?) ... separate the saucer section when the tea is reported to be running low. ... of *course* you'd separate the saucer section in a tea emergency. ... David Cameron Staples | staples AT unimelb DOT edu DOT au ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Emergency Alert on the Road
    ... outside of my RV without having to worry about it getting wet. ... put all your emergency contact information in a tupperware bowl ... the door, "Emergency Info in Refrigerator". ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)