Re: Security in the high-tech world of the modern pharmacy

In <slrnibc7js.fkc.als@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 10/13/2010
at 11:01 PM, Alexander Schreiber <als@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

In the military? Usually, the military tends to insist on you wearing
specific headgear made out of steel[0] or kevlar[1] when heading into
harms way or training for it[2].

Which fits quite easily over a small kippah. I admit that a turban
would be a problem, but in the USA the military has an across the
board prohibition, not one based on size of form factor.

And in case you didn't get the memo: the armed forces tend not to be
overly strong on democracy or individual freedoms for some reason.

In case *you* didn't get the memo, that's what I was complaining
about. It's a remnant of feudalism, where the pheasants must be kept
in their place, and I object most vehemently.

Don't like it? Don't join the military.

I've always wondered whether I was a coward for not going into jail
rather than the army when I was drafted.

"Must fit under regulation headgear without being visible or
impacting the function of regulation headgear.

That part is better than what the USA has.

Regulations about no headgear in buildings still apply." ;-)

That part is the same tyranny.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <http://patriot.net/~shmuel> ISO position
Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+bspfh to contact me.

  • Re: Security in the high-tech world of the modern pharmacy
    ... Which fits quite easily over a small kippah. ... I admit that a turban ... We don't have to care, ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Ownage
    ... If you don't know just admit you don't ... Sure I can - I've demonstrated that ability in previous posts in this ... The question is not if I will play; ... personally care how it's supposed to work, any more than I care how ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: IGNORE KRAZY KATHLEENS OFF TOPIC GARBAGE SPAM DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SCROLL ON BY
    ... What do I care? ... Yale lost all their funding and LYMErix is gone, ... In print you admit it! ... More grandiose delusions lol nations of the world lol ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
  • Re: Thousand Oaks Wikipedia vandal lives here!
    ... willing to admit to, even though you did admit the context of his ... Steve I am still waiting for you to PROVE vandalism occurred and not the reedit of some Republican nutjobs vandalism to the Wikipedia article in question. ... One recommends a dating web site - the other fantasizes about what business profession I am involved in. ... www.match.com to take care our your "problem" Lizzie. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Sad News
    ... Last year I had to visit my mother as she was ... getting too feeble to take care of herself but wouldn't admit it. ... She lived downstairs from my sister, but my sister was at work all ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)