Re: Words and their meanings (was Re: Screens)

David Cameron Staples <staples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If one knows what one is doing, then one can program well even in VB, but
has the option of doing so also in languages like Scheme or C++ or
assembler.

As with Fortran, it is possible to write assembler code in any language.
Too many folks do.
- Brian

  • Re: For performance, write it in C - Part 2, comparing C, Ruby and Java
    ... Performance is yours for the asking, but it comes at a price - you have to write it in C. Ease of development also comes at a price, you don't get the same performance as C. ... In my younger days, I did a lot of development in assembler languages, and for many years my main high-level language was FORTRAN. ... Towards the end of my FORTRAN days I was still dropping into assembler for speed, even though the compilers were quite good by that time. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: why forth over lisp?
    ... how Forth has very low level access to hardware that other languages ... obtain return values to the word defined as assembler instructions. ... [ebx] eax mov, ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Someone Told Me: Is C an Assembly Language
    ... and does not specify the machine instructions to ... It only specifies what the machine instructions must do; ... modern assembly languages and higher level languages has become so fuzzy ... but there is an assembler for the ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Future of programming
    ... > 4) Using object oriented languages with compilers, ... some things with assembler. ... the more abstract the programming language ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Interesting Article about Taboos and low-level coding
    ... I have a very straight forward approach ... compiler generally get a severe case of the hiccups with code designs ... properly code assembler has no problems with it at all. ... The tradditional languages that can still write low level code still ...
    (alt.lang.asm)