Re: Paint my Wif-Fi
- From: "Just zis Guy, you know?" <guy.chapman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:14:59 +0100
On 17 Oct 2009 16:22:20 GMT, flaps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alan J Rosenthal)
So instead of spending two minutes setting up encryption (5 if you're
going to restrict your AP to nominated MAC addresses)
And how long if you're going to change the WEP protocol so that it takes more
than ten minutes for the WEP key to be derived by a script kiddie?
Probably still not as long as it would take to paint the house.
I use WPA2, I don't broadcast the SSID, I don't use the standard
channel, I have long keys and I only allow nominated MAC addresses to
connect. Configuring that took me very little time. The wireless
router also has built-in firewall functionality and I have some
segmentation of my home LAN. Anyone who can get past that lot was
probably going to get in anyway.
Obviously the wireless network at $ORK is much more secure, including
802.1x and trusted signed certificates. And AirMagnet, which is
always good for a laugh.
- Prev by Date: Re: Paint my Wif-Fi
- Next by Date: Re: airheads with P.A. systems
- Previous by thread: Re: Paint my Wif-Fi
- Next by thread: Re: Paint my Wif-Fi