- From: James Wilkinson <see-sig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 18:35:15 +0000
"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving
pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it"
-Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist.
Sir Thomas was allegedly asked: "What do you think of Stainer's
He replied "Good idea!"
 Victorian, highly sentimental, considered passé or simply naff by
generations of musicians, although the motet "God so loved the world"
has made it as an English church music standard, and the whole thing is
performed in various places at the appropriate time of year.
E-mail: james@ | ... and watched Richard Stallman ask one of the waiting
aprilcottage.co.uk | staff whether the spring rolls did indeed spring and
| whether they would bounce.
| -- Telsa Gwynne
- Prev by Date: Re: the net is falling and I want my mommy again
- Next by Date: Re: Microsoft strikes back
- Previous by thread: Re: Micro-rant
- Next by thread: Re: Micro-rant