Re: Thought for the day

Paul <pssawyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Kantor) wrote in
news:gdt9si$2ovf$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Reminds me of the possibly-true story of a disgruntled Oheebhtuf
employee who is said to have flung a handful of metal shavings into
the backplane of a machine under test - a wire-wrap backplane.
Unrepairable

To a true BOFH, nothing is unrepairable

If a true BOFH wants a computer to be unrepairable, he will ensure it is
truly unrepairable. The Oheebhtuf employee was clearly trying
for that effect.

The true BOFH makes sure a computer system is as functional as the BOFH
wants it to be -- which might mean reducing it to a pile of slag.

--
Steve VanDevender "I ride the big iron" http://hexadecimal.uoregon.edu/
stevev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PGP keyprint 4AD7AF61F0B9DE87 522902969C0A7EE8