Re: Teevee question for Ozians

"Steve VanDevender" <stevev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:gdiglb$dgq$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Coupe <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

From the Rightpondian point of view, the thing that was worst was
inserting a female cat (or other female non-Holly characters).

Actually, casting Terry Farrell as Cat is about the only thing that
sounded intriguing to me about Red Dwarf USA. Why should Holly be the
only female character (and she didn't start out that way)? Besides, we
also had Kochanski.

I thought turning stag to co-ed worked very well for Starship Troopers.
Not everybody seems to share that opinion.

Tebrgwrf,
Maarten Wiltink

  • Re: Can There Be An A-List Marvel Female Superhero?
    ... WW is an icon, ... is the *only* female icon in comics. ... characters. ... Ms. Marvel: She was suggested by the other poster, but to me, she's ...
    (rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe)
  • Re: Recommend a title?
    ... they can design female characters. ... Earth against an alien invasion. ... there's an ongoing romantic subplot between a female patrol-car officer ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Short story dilemma
    ... doing a better job than some of the new generation of female writers" at writing strong female characters, which was an observation that surprised me. ... You've generalized something in a way I didn't say it: my comment wasn't about women writers in general. ... of course people should write about the characters and situations that most excite them. ... it makes me sympathize with my mother's frustration when I was a child when she asked me why I didn't believe in God and all I could articulate was a rejection of pop culture images of God. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Female characters
    ... and wishing it to be clear to the listener that they're not male. ... It may be a bit similar to RPG figurines, where the female ones often ... male, one adolescent, have just created CoH characters and are ... In their first game, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Is Zelaznys "Lord of Light" still highly regarded?
    ... convincing female character. ... almost no strong female characters at all, ... Fiona starts off as a villainness. ... It is after all a backdrop for a morality play. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)