Re: My Dain Bramage is obviously worse than I thought.

While pretending to be roadkill on the InfoBahn, <sethb@xxxxxxxxx> scrawled:
Which laws wouldn't you throw out?

Those that prevent people from hurting other people. I'd remove laws
that are supposed to prevent people from hurting themselves.

Hey now, the motorcycle helmet industry wants to have a quick
chat with you.

-Tai
--
http://www.vcnet.com/bms/features/serendipities.html
http://www.kenthamilton.net/humor/humor.html

  • Re: Why I oppose seatbelt and helmet laws
    ... as they are not hurting anyone but themselves. ... the "do no harm" motto is often the basic premise of many ... I think that on both sides of the political spectrum there are large minorities who want to mandate through laws how yo live. ... If societyneeds to pass laws to convince people not to kill themselves what does that say for society. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: Extracting audio from DVDs
    ... happens to agree with my assessment of this particular set of laws, ... you really believe that by doing what I am intending to do I am hurting ... the shrinkwrap license on the DVD". ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Lloyd- is S&S getting Batman?
    ... reason why his business is hurting right now. ... restaurant I can't deny I am favor of the laws, ... businesses are now hurting but for me and my vote I only saw it one way. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Extracting audio from DVDs
    ... happens to agree with my assessment of this particular set of laws, ... DVD so that my baby daughter can listen to that material in her MP3 ... player I am hurting the financial interests of anybody? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Info Needed Please...ALL
    ... stop them from hurting someone else. ... Laws against drunken driving protect us from ... What's with this attack on people advocating laws that PROTECT others ... Those laws have nothing to do with making us a civilized society. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)