Re: My Dain Bramage is obviously worse than I thought.

Begin <slrng9bnd3.3p4.satyap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 12:59:03 -0500, Satya <satyap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3 Aug 2008 14:47:11 GMT, jpd wrote:
Unrelatedly, I *like* my choice of comfy security bla^W^W^Wwindow
manager, bugs, warts, and all. Not going to tell you to like what I do,
and more importantly, I'd like others to not assume my choices happen
to be exactly like theirs. Getting that right precludes the need for
arguing. It also seems to mean having to grow up.

I'd love to do the same, but when others impose their choices on me
(through work or otherwise) the "leave me alone" easily turns into "i
prefer this" and then into "this is better", and eventually to "use this
or you're a heretic!!!1one!!etc".

Which is why I prefer to settle on providing things like protocol access
and maybe recommend a few clients, then leave the rest up to the users.
Of course, this means I won't support any specific client so the poor
lusers will have to, oh, be savvy enough with the software of their own
choice to use it responsibly.

And they all go NoooOOOOOO!!!!eleventy!!