Re: three mini-rants
- From: henke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 20 Jun 2008 09:58:41 -0500
Dave <jrzoyrl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Me: So this [dead HD] is the -only- copy of it?
Them: Yes, but it's on the backup server so we thought it was safe.
I just had a fairly excruciating conversation where I failed to explain
to Them how, if you get a cheap dual-processor desktop PC, that does
*not* mean that the machine keeps running when one of the processors
(Yes, I am aware of "carrier-grade" kit that allegedly does exactly
that. AFAIK, it is not sold at Worst Buy.)
See also: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/08/10/
- Prev by Date: Re: ZFS, from hell's heart I stab at thee!
- Next by Date: Re: three mini-rants
- Previous by thread: Re: three mini-rants
- Next by thread: Re: three mini-rants