Re: I have been CHALLENGED. . .
- From: TimC <tconnors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:44:09 +1000
On 2008-06-09, Peter Corlett (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
Just zis Guy, you know? <guy.chapman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...] The other reason is more mundane: accelerating from a stop uses
about the same energy as riding between 100 and 250m on the flat
(depending how fast you ride and how briskly you accelerate). I stop on
average nine or ten times on the way to work, that's probably between 10%
and 15% of all the energy I consume on the ride.
My back-of-envelope calculation reckons that I need to lose about 1GJ worth
of lard, so London's traffic finally has a use here...
And that's not even if we^Wyou were to go nuclear.
Beware of bugs in the above program. I proved it correct,
I did not try it. --- D. E. Knuth
- Prev by Date: Re: Recovering
- Next by Date: Re: ZFS, from hell's heart I stab at thee!
- Previous by thread: Re: I have been CHALLENGED. . .
- Next by thread: Re: I have been CHALLENGED. . .