- From: "Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:29:48 +0200
"Paul Martin" <pm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <482943b3$0$14356$e4fe514c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Maarten Wiltink wrote:
And any good maxims in Latin have metrum to consider.
You mean metre?
Er... yes. Someone else once pointed out to me that the English word
for "paradigma" had gained a different ending as well.
Of course this merely constitutes proof that both my Latin and my
ancient Greek are better than my English, which I consider quite
(Go on, question my competence again. I'm enjoying it, rather.)
- Prev by Date: Re: Scottish, uhm... uuh... what should we call this?
- Next by Date: Re: Scottish, uhm... uuh... what should we call this?
- Previous by thread: Re: Twitchy
- Next by thread: Re: Twitchy