Re: Catching a bite

Jim is of the opinion:
Brian Kantor <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sam Nelson <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd quite like to find out how long that takes to become boring.

About the time you realize that they're about the age to be your
grandchild.

On a slight tangent, I was able to take the wind out of our young Web
Monkey's sails with the (truthfull) comment:"Dude - I own *computers*
that are older than you".

I don't see how that's particularly bad -- I've owned computers older than
me, too.

- Matt

  • Re: Catching a bite
    ... Matt Palmer wrote: ... About the time you realize that they're about the age to be your ... grandchild. ... On a slight tangent, I was able to take the wind out of our young Web ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Empire Stadium - Vancouver B.C. - Elvis vs. the Beatles
    ... as in "the past quarter of a century" would bury you and your opinion. ... 'Facts' are contrary to your narrow minded assertion as are mob of talented people who are on record for not agreeing with you. ... I don't know your age, but U2 has earned respect from peers who are older than them but has had greater appeal with fans who are younger. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: Letters: Myths and fears about cannabis
    ... >> I am not here to train you in basic research. ... difficult to sell herbal cannabis here. ... and the age of "first use". ... I stand by my opinion. ...
    (uk.politics.drugs)
  • Re: Do You Know What You Like, And Like What You Know?
    ... I was planning my exit strategy from quite a young age. ... stating that The Beatles are/were the best band of all time as ... the case" because it really is opinion, ...
    (rec.music.beatles)