Re: ROUSs? I don't think they exist.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:19:12 GMT, raltbos@xxxxxxxxx (Richard Bos) wrote:
Jasper Janssen <jasper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Although a German chain, Hornbach, has recently moved into the area with
an utterly gigantic store, and it has a fricking large wall of little
hinging tub thingies with fasteners sold by weight. You take a plastic
bag, fill as much stuff in it as you want, note the tub number, go to the
scale and punch that number in (the weight of the plastic bag is set as
Tarra).

In Koeln, they have a store like that.

For Lego.

It would've been bliss, if only they'd sold Technic that way.

How much is a train ticket Koeln/Utrecht again? Koln is Ruhrgebiet isn't
it, ie relatively close? /me sees an opportunity for the next holiday..

Jasper

  • Re: ROUSs? I dont think they exist.
    ... an utterly gigantic store, and it has a fricking large wall of little ... hinging tub thingies with fasteners sold by weight. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Lightweight backpacking - any point trying? (LONG)
    ... Full-length thermarest Ultralite, Snugpak Softie 3, Hilleberg Akto. ... I took one, 1.5L titanium pan, A dragonfly stove and 330mL petrol bottle(could have saved loads of weight here!). ... I had intended to use my 45 litre rucksack but found that I couldn't easily fit my gear in, so I reverted to my tried and tested 65 litre pack. ... Ajungilak Kompakt 180 sleeping bag. ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: Lightweight backpacking - any point trying? (LONG)
    ... I carry the same tent (well, I think it might be a mk II as it is slightly ... Rather than focus on the weight of items, look at do you need them? ... I love my Akto; it's sturdy and roomy. ... I'd love a Down bag but my Veggie principles are telling ...
    (uk.rec.walking)
  • Re: quintal (longish)
    ... pulled down a quintal bag of coffee. ... Off I went to the dictionary see what kind of bag it was. ... Any of various units of weight used especially in Latin American ... You might be surprised about what men were expected to lift in the ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Pack weight
    ... my (identical groundsheet weight) Kaitum, and I only take it if weight ... to avoid condensation and evaporate the dampness in the bag, ... that is - in alternating wet and dry, it isn't a major problem (see ...
    (uk.rec.walking)