Re: A rant, a rant, my income for a rant. (long)

On 2007-11-28, John Burnham <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:49:42 +0000, Jim wrote:

What I _will_ say is that I'm very glad that they don't do mint-flavoured
KitKat Chunky's, because I would be dead in about a month.

During a stressful and unhealthy couple of months a long time ago, I lived
off coffee, ciggies and mint Aero bars. I've given up on the ciggies,
drink less coffee and eat things other than mint flavoured chocolate bars
now - is this a sign of encroaching middle age ?

I had a similar high-stress period about, ooh, 6 years agao, during which
coffee and Cadbury's Mini Eggs were great comfortors.

I'm frankly amazed at the amount of total crap I used to be able to eat
without any ill effects i nthe waistline dept., despite being about as
active now as I was then. Nowadays I only have to _look_ at a bag of crisps
and my belt gets tight.

There's only one explanation - callories have chronometric displacement and
offset abilities. You eat four big bags of pickled onion Monster Munch and
three years later you gain a stone.

Jim
--
http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk

  • Re: Saw an odd thing
    ... a breakfast sandwich and coffee and sat down to eat. ... I noticed a guy come in and set a bag on a table then he went up and ordered a coffee. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Preservatives in Coffee??? Does Illy Cafe use any preservatives on their beans?
    ... coffee, pull a vacuum, flush the valve bag with nitrogen and then seal it, ... or someone will swear allegiance to a certain local roaster ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Counter Culture Coffees business practices, NC, USA
    ... imagining I want to buy some coffee. ... in the 'Product Details' links that the bag size gets mentioned. ... they would be taken to the geographical selection area. ... The order confirmation did not specify the bag size. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Insurance.com cites most dangerous foods to eat while driving
    ... Drinking coffee is dangerous behind the wheel. ... Insurance.com, a Web site that compares auto insurance rates, has released its list of the most dangerous foods to consume on the road. ... "Distraction was most likely to be involved in rear-end collisions in which the lead vehicle was stopped, as well as in single-vehicle crashes," NTHSA authorities said in their study. ... Along Germany's autobahn, there are rest stops created so drivers can stop, eat and then continue driving. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: (OT)(Blog) My ...
    ... coffee, so I was doing the same on the trip, or almost. ... Second day, I forced myself to eat a huge bowl of muesli with hot milk, ... And those energy bars always ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)