Re: Music for Sysadmins...

On 2007-11-27 01:42:05 -0500, Robert Uhl <eadmund42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
on also has to consider that America would not have its current position
^^ **BLAM**

among the nations had the secession succeeded.

Assuming the remaining states had stayed together, they might have done quite well. The north was industrialized. Those remaining states might well have become an great power. Recent presidents would have likely have sported surnames such as Kennedy, Dukakis, Cuomo, Kerry. Which _would_ put the USA in a very different position in the world. That position would almost certainly be more in line with current public opinion than with those of the current administration.

  • Georgey-Porgey Can & Will do ANYthing He Wants, fuckyouverymuch
    ... The Bush administration has finally been rebuked for its repeated ... executive power that the administration has used to justify a whole ... hard-hitting court challenges to its anti-terrorism campaign. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Georgey-Porgey Can & Will do ANYthing He Wants, fuckyouverymuch
    ... The Bush administration has finally been rebuked for its repeated ... executive power that the administration has used to justify a whole ... hard-hitting court challenges to its anti-terrorism campaign. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Fwd: [NYTr] Al Gores Speech - Full Text - Jan 16, 2006
    ... > Republicans aliketo express our shared concern that Americas Constitution ... > breathtaking expansion of executive power. ... > caught eavesdropping on huge numbers of American citizens and has brazenly ... > what the NSA has been doing, and no one inside or outside the Administration ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • OT:One Small Businessmans view
    ... No administration has the power to make the economy ... they tend to run up the deficits left and right ... by sending our tax dollars to wealthy corporations, ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Were stuck between BARACK !
    ... No administration has the power to make the economy ... they tend to run up the deficits left and right ... by sending our tax dollars to wealthy corporations, ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)