Re: Music for Sysadmins...

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:40:52 +0000, Paul Martin wrote:
So, for the last three or so months, I've been a little deaf in one
ear. Following conversations in noisy environments has been difficult
these last months, as I do think my brain uses the phase information
from both ears together to help discriminate speech from background.

I had some of that recently as well, left ear completely blocked
leaving me deaf as a post on that side.

Of course, my desk sits against the wall on the right, so people
approach me from the left. This is a less than optimal arrangement.

The complete lack of concentration caused by *everything* sounding
a bit off was weird, but easily fixed with music on headphones and
the balance slider set halfway to the left.

--
Michel Buijsman
"Waking up this morning was a pointless act of masochism" -- Girl

  • Re: A new way to experience music? Useful for production?
    ... frequency audible sound. ... the inner ear does not have hair cells that respond to ... interpreted by our brain as "hearing". ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: The Overtone series
    ... The best comparison is an eye that can see a large number of colors: ... Our eyes still decompose them into RGB. ... In the case of the ear and the eye we do know, ... The ear without the brain is useless. ...
    (rec.music.theory)
  • Re: Geez, how many of you woodworkers are musicians?
    ... are mastered by the producers are pretty exceptional. ... ear it was to start out. ... experience _and accurate reproduction_ is on a 2" 16 track analog ... all analogue and I'm pretty sure the brain will respond the same way ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: More Tests From the Retina Man
    ... The surgery killed the nerve to the brain, ... it wasn't exactly my FAVORITE surgery! ... My head was shaved on one side like you see for brain surgery, and a huge incision was made behind my ear. ... Needless to say, I'm totally deaf on that side, and have been since the surgery 10 years ago. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Turn for the Worse ~ 36 bars fadeout
    ... Functioning neural link between ear and brain ...   signals from ear. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)