Re: Music for Sysadmins...

Peter Corlett <abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jamie Riden <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Corlett) writes:

Nah, stress makes me drink which makes me eat like a pig afterwards.
Skipping the drinking step helps with the weightloss.

Now how about holding an ASR-Brum in Bristol?

Distance-wise, it's no sillier than holding it in London, but the last time
I checked, the train fares were prohibitive. Birmingham and London are made
logically much closer due to the 15 quid Chiltern fare so it means that
ASRLon and ASRBrum get quite a few of the same faces.

Count me in for ASR-Bristol if anyone is actually interested.
Train fares nowadays are crazy, It is cheaper to commute to AMS than london
unless you pick an off-off-peak travel time and book waaaay in advance.

--
From the quill of Chris Newport g4jci.

  • Re: Network Rail to announce plans for five new main lines, says FT
    ... train fares on any new high speed line would probably have to be ... Newcastle to London on Thursday lunchtime, ... John Band ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Music for Sysadmins...
    ... It is cheaper to commute to AMS than london unless you ... pick an off-off-peak travel time and book waaaay in advance. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: Almost 1,000 prosecuted on London Overground
    ... train fares and the comparative lack of overcrowding. ... It is a result of chronic underinvestment in London and the south east ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: 29 quid tube trip
    ... rate (often by bringing "Cheap Day Return" tickets into the basket). ... Bournemouth - London £48.80 ... travel via "Not London", although it's unclear why you might do that ... Train fares are a mess, I always check single tickets for each part of a ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Getting the train to work
    ... Train Fares are going up again faster than inflation? ... Maybe if Government had a joined up thought and believed we ... as someone who might use the train at the weekend to go up to London I find ...
    (uk.transport)